- Deposit: 300 B.C.
- Discovery: 1904
- Disposition: Syracuse 3 (Pegasi)
- Description: Tetradrachm: 8+, Stater: 2+
- Reference: Orsi, NSc 1905, p. 437
- Reference: Currò Pisanò, AIIN 1962-4, p. 222
- Note: Orsi speaks of the hd. as divided among "persone di Vizzini e Mineo," and Noe 1164, also containing copies of Thasian tetradr., is surely another account of the Buccheri hd. Despite the similarity of date and location there seems no connection with the only hd. recorded from Mineo (no. 2184 below)
- Note: Chronologically the presence of issues of Thasos is difficult to explain, for even though their date is earlier than used to be supposed, it can hardly be earlier than c. 180 B.C. (cf. ANSMN 12 (1966), p. 61 and note 4), whereas the rest of the hd. suggests c. 300 B.C. or even earlier. Since Orsi was able to record fragments of the hd. only after dispersal, it is possible that the Thasos coins do not really belong here