- depozyt: 280 B.C.
- odkrycie: 1935
- rozmieszczenie: Reggio 972; New York 4 (SNG 2, 370, 396-8), Oxford 1 (SNG 724); Lockett 1-3 (SNG 404?, 405, 406 ?); London 1 (as SNGLockett 406); Vlasto 1 (Cat. 18)
- opis: Stater: 1077-99, Bes: 40-50, Distater: 5
- opis: Bernalda, La Cava (anc. Metapontum)
- Falls Within: Bernalda (Italy)
- typ: third level subdivisions (political entities)
- odsyłacz: Numismatica I, pp. 18-40
- odsyłacz: Procopio, AIIN 1957, pp. 25-65, illus. (the Reggio coins)
- odsyłacz: Stazio, AIIN 1965-7, pp. 48-49
- uwaga: A letter from Vlasto in the ANS confirms that his Cat. 18, although ascribed to Noe 689, is from this hd.
- uwaga: Notes in the ANS state that Lockett purchased from this hd. 3 coins as his 404-6
- uwaga: In addition to the bulk of the hd. preserved at Reggio, it seems likely that c. 40 AV of Metapontum (most with Leucippus hd.) were dispersed. A note in the ANS states that all the hd. coins as SNGLockett 406 were more worn than the other Metapontum AV. This note further describes 120-125 AR seen in commerce which purportedly were from this hd.: c. 100 Taras, 7 Metapontum, 5 Croton, 1 Locri, and 2 Thurian dist. The Locri coin is described as ϕ type (probably a Pegasus); the others were similar to those at Reggio
- uwaga: ANSSNG 1, 1215, published as from this hd., is of Per. VIII and probably from no. 1997 below